MCPER has been approved by the Texas Education Agency to support its Strong Foundations Planning Supports Grant. The Strong Foundations program supports local education agencies in creating and implementing a research-based math and/or literacy framework. MCPER partners with districts across Texas to ensure that instructional priorities align with current research. Specifically, we help districts identify and implement research-based teaching strategies, develop a comprehensive instructional framework, identify high-quality instructional materials across the curriculum, and create a communications plan that will foster buy-in and support learning.
Strong Foundations is a TEA-sponsored initiative strategically allocating funds to assure that all districts can create instructional frameworks aligned to the research-based instructional strategies (RBIS) that serve as tools for districts to make instructional decisions in RLA and Math.
- We leverage high-quality research to improve educator and student outcomes.
- We embrace unique cultural and contextual factors that influence the way students learn.
- We work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- We operate with clear lines of communication that promote a culture of transparency.
- We disseminate accurate information in a way that promotes positive change.
K-12 educators throughout Texas
To increase teacher knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practices to improve student literacy and math achievement.